The coronavirus is one of the deadliest pandemic viruses to ever exist in the modern history of the world. It is causing people and governments from every nation to take infectious diseases more seriously than they ever did before.
Since the coronavirus can be transferred from person-to-person so easily, it is forcing many employers and business leaders to instil tougher workplace sanitisation policies in order to protect the health and safety of all the employees. Workplace sanitisation doesn’t just mean taking out the rubbish and mopping and vacuuming the floors once per night. It is about taking extra precautionary measures to ensure the workplace is free of bacteria, germs and viruses.
The World Health Organisation has released a set of sanitisation guidelines on how to clean the workplace properly in order to help stop the spread of the coronavirus and other deadly infectious diseases (Read here). Van Vynck Environmental Services is one of the first companies to implement those guidelines into its own organisation. Now we can do the same for other companies and offices.
In response to the coronavirus, Van Vynck Environmental Services is offering a new set of workplace sanitisation services that are stricter than ever before. Utilising advice from Public Health England, we are proud to offer a specialist COVID-19 decontamination service for any premises that has been affected by a confirmed case of coronavirus or a premises that wishes to take precautionary measures.
- Surfaces contaminated with COVID-19 present a high risk of infection and pose a significant risk to health.
- Thorough cleaning with compliant virucidal products will significantly reduce this risk, providing returning employees and the public with PEACE OF MIND that action has been taken to protect them against infection.
- Virucidal cleaning by our highly trained operatives will deliver this PEACE OF MIND and enable staff and clients to feel secure that everything has been done to try and ensure a reduced risk of infection, and support your business moving towards normal trading conditions once again.
All other forms of workplace sanitisation must be performed by the employees of the organisation. Things like social distancing, wearing facemasks, washing your hands, and cleaning your own work area or dining area are essential to preventing the spread of deadly diseases like the coronavirus.
We utilise ULV (ultra-low volume) misting machines to deliver a virucide to locations which require decontamination.
The mist delivered virucide will leave a residual coating on all surfaces that it comes in to contact with, killing viruses and bacteria, including COVID-19. Large areas can be treated in a relatively short time, making this a very effective and efficient treatment method.
Our trained operatives will manually wipe down the below areas; ensuring effective eradication:
- Light switches
- Door handles
- Desk surfaces
- Toilets and bathroom furniture
- Vending areas
- Kitchens and office kitchenettes
- All high footfall walkways
- Any surfaces which are clearly contaminated with bodily fluids
While we are looking to get our sanitisation product tested against COVID-19 this is unlikely to happen quickly. At the moment there is not enough of the strain available for laboratories to grow and test with. If there is any update on this we will let you know.
Regarding COVID-19 in general, we can recommend that Micro Kill will be has been assessed for virucidal activity following test methods such as BS EN 14476 and BS EN 14675. Results show they are effective against a range of viruses such as the H1N1 influenza virus, Norovirus, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV and the Ebola virus.
Given the above test data we can reasonably expect our product to have efficacy against COVID-19